MSC Banking: Mesenchymal Stem cell (MSC)
Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSCs) replace degenerative or dead cells in the body such as osteocytes and myocytes . Main functions of MSCs are as follows.
- Repair and restore cells in each organ so that it can function normally.
- Build biological substances essential to cell growth and reducing inflammation.
Available sources of Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC)
Nowadays, a collection process of bone marrow stem cells is not complicated. The entire process requires only 30 minutes and is undertaken in the hospital by spe-cialized doctors . A patient can go home after the collection is done.
Newborn’s stem cell banking is carried out after its birth. The process does not cause any harm to newborns and mothers
Existing studies reveal that using stem cells derived from adipose which contain numerous MSCs for face surgery such as nose surgery and wrinkle removals yield-ed better results than using only adipose.
This is due to the fact that stem cells stimulate cell regeneration and they are not foreign invaders. Using collagen or hya-luronic acid to remove wrinkles is to inject foreign invaders into a face.
Using Mesenchymal Stem Cells (MSC) can give medical treatment to the follow-ing degenerative diseases.
- Bone and cartilage diseases such as osteoarthritis
- Cardiovascular disease such as myocardial infarction
- Brain/ spinal cord disorders such as Stroke, Alzheimer, Parkinson and spinal cord injury
- Some types of cancers